Monday, October 18, 2010

Going to Malaysia!

So, I'm going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in like.. Ahhh-- 6 hours!!!!  I have to sleep.  Well, I'll write about this real quick because it's an AWESOME story!

So I asked the director of the Darmasiswa program multiple times about my visa and he told me I could leave the country one time (So I went to Singapore/the Phillipines).  However, when I tried to get back into Indonesia from Singapore they wouldn't let me and I had to buy a new visa that is only good for one month.   Then the director of my program here tells me (about 2 weeks ago) that he actually can't get me a new visa and that I have to leave the country before October 19th to apply for a new visa.  Considering this was really last minute and completely the program's fault, I told them many times that I did not have the money to pay for this trip and that they were responsible for the cost.  I had one phone call with a woman in Jakarta who was very unsympathetic and told me they don't do that, I will have to pay.  I started praying about it and after 3 days I decided it would be better to not wait for them to come through (in case they never did), because by then the ticket price would be even higher.  So I went online to book a ticket from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, hoping I could get it below $150, but God had a little surprise for me: The ticket cost $1 each way, for a grand total of $2.  I kidd you not, you can check my bank statement!  It gets better:  This was apparently an airline deal, but the ONLY day for booking was that exact day, and to get that price you had to leave after OCT 18 (the day before my visa expires).  ALSO... I went and told the Polish couple who live here in case they wanted to travel to Kuala Lumpur for cheap (oh... that was also the ONLY city that had the deal.. which is the city I had to go to for the visa).  When the Polish couple checked many different combinations of flights they were all pricing at the cheapest around $150.. apparently the deal was sold out.. and this was about 5 minutes after I went on.  So, Amazing God answered my 3 days of prayers.  I still can't believe it - $2!

Okay, and to top it all off (yes, there's more!), the day after that Darmasiswa told me they would pay for my trip.  So they will give me a set amount which is to cover the flight, other transportation, food, and lodging.  Anyways, my prayers were answered double!

So, I'll be gone from tomorrow morning until Friday evening!  Toodles!

1 comment:

Dean said...

Wow crazy! God is good! :)

Post a Comment